Bailey's Hot Chocolate For Two

I was first introduced to drinking chocolate at Theo Chocolate in Seattle.  I've been hooked ever since.  I've tried to find somewhere in Philadelphia that carries it, but everything I've tried has ended up being hot cocoa instead.  There is a difference between Hot Cocoa and Hot Chocolate or Drinking Chocolate.   Hot Cocoa is made from a powdery mix where Hot Chocolate is made with milk and chocolate.  This is my spin on it.




Bailey's Hot Chocolate

2 cups Whole Milk
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Raw Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 shots Bailey's
Marshmallows

In a small saucepan over medium heat combine milk, water, sugar and vanilla.  




As soon as it reaches a soft boil remove from heat and stir in chocolate.  



In two large cups add a shot of Bailey's in each and pour in hot chocolate.  For my thermos, I added the baileys to the already warmed thermos.  I then added the hot chocolate, added the lid and gently shook to combine.  Top cups with marshmallows and enjoy.





Wanna always be happy?  Always carry some chocolate around with you ;)
-- Pablo

Comments

Popular Posts