Peppermint Hot Cocoa

I'm making Bailey's Hot Chocolate for my husband and I for Valentine's Day.  Though it's definitely better then Hot Cocoa.  My son mentioned to me that he's run out of it, so it's time to make some more.



Peppermint Hot Cocoa

3/4 cup Powdered Milk
3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa
3/4 cup Raw Sugar
1/2 tsp Pink Salt
5 Candy Canes, broken up



Start with a clean canister.  Add the milk, cocoa, sugar and salt and mix.  Place candy canes in a pint size freezer bag and smash it with a rolling pin.  This is an awesome way to relieve tension.


Add broken candy canes to the canister and mix well.


When you're ready to use the mix, take a 1/3 cup of the mix, add it to a mug and add hot water and marshmallows if you like.



Happiness.  Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart.  Bitter.  Sweet.  Alive.
-- Joanne Harris

Comments

Popular Posts