Roasting Hazelnuts

In preparation for the Chili Chocolate Mousse with Roasted Hazelnuts.   I'm making for Valentine's day I'm going to reduce the amount of prep and roast the hazelnuts ahead of time.


Roasted Hazelnuts

2 tbsp Hazelnuts
1 Small Baking Sheet

If you have other recipes you are planning on making with roasted hazelnuts add whatever the amount is to the pan.  I only needed 2 tbsp for my recipe so that's all I plan to do today.  Preheat your oven 350 degrees.  Spread hazelnuts out on the small baking sheet. 


Bake for 10 minutes.  Wrap nuts in a kitchen towel and rub to loosen the skins.


Let cool completely and store up to two months before using.  I like to store my nuts raw until I need them roasted.  It seems to keep a fresher flavor.



I love nuts.  I'm for nuts.  I am nuts.
-- Penn Jellette

Comments

Popular Posts