Washington's Memorial Chapel Part 1

While I was going through my 136 pictures from the class on Saturday I realized there are too many favorites to just do one blog on them.  So I'm going to do one on the outside pictures and one on the inside pictures.  I decided since I had guidance to play around with filters.  I used a combination of aqua, autumn, blue, and purple filters with some of these pictures.  Others that I found too dark I went ahead and changed them to black and white.  Others I just left nature.




Interesting to think that not much has changed in the area above since The Battle of Valley Forge.



Washington's Memorial Chapel was completed in 1917 and uses the English Gothic Revival Style.  It's easy to tell this style by it's lack of symmetry.






Both top and bottom are natural.




Bottom picture is also natural.



Picture below was actually taken with my phone when my first camera's battery died.  I tried out the aqua filter option on it.  Completely forgot how fast the cold drains batteries.  It was 23 degrees that day.






The picture below is natural.















I took a million pictures till I got those sun rays above.  I suppose it would have been easier to do if I had a starburst filter.  I'm impressed that I got it naturally. Below is natural.


I personally love how cute this gargoyle is.


Thank you for viewing my pictures!  I hope you enjoyed them!



You don't make a photograph with a camera.  You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.
-- Ansel Adams

Comments

Popular Posts