Baked Potatoes & Chili Casserole

It's really foggy today.  I just heard that it's suppose to rain on and off today as well.  To me it just seems like chili weather.  But I have some white potatoes that need used up, I know most people use russet for this, but I can't always find them at my local grocery stores.  So I'm going to do baked white potatoes & chili casserole.


Baked Potatoes & Chili Casserole

6-7 Medium White Potatoes, cubed
3-4 cups Chili
3 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled, save bacon grease
2 Green Onions, sliced
2 cups Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream

In a large pot with about 6 cups of water boil the potatoes for 10 minutes.  This will greatly reduce the baking time of the potatoes and removes some of the starch.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Use your reserved bacon grease to coat a 9 x 12 pan.  Drain the potatoes and place them in the baking dish.  


Top with enough chili to cover the potatoes.


Sprinkle on the bacon and green onions.


Cover with cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes.


Let cool for 5 minutes.


Serve with sour cream on top.





I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy.  Other foods rot.  Potatoes want to see.
-- Bill Callahan

Comments

Popular Posts