Tartar Sauce

Yay it's Friday!!! I've been counting down the days till tomorrow.  Weather permitting, Will and I are taking a nature photography class.  I think it sounds really interesting...Even in the aftermath of the local ice-storm.  

Today I'm doing my food prep encase I'm gone all weekend playing with our camera.  I know what you're thinking food prep?  Prep for what?  Since I make almost everything from scratch, I plan my meals and make sauces, condiments, bread dough, pasta dough, etc on the weekend, so I just have to put it together during the week.  Checking through the fridge today I saw we're almost out of tartar sauce.  Since we eat fish at least twice a week, this could be a problem, lol.



Tartar Sauce

1 cup Mayonnaise(I use Alton Brown's Recipe)
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 1/2 tbsp Dill Relish or Dill Pickles, minced
1/2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Onion Powder

Use a 1 pint jar, add all of the ingredients.  I use an iced teaspoon to mix well.

I know this recipe is a little different from most.  Most recipes out there call for sweet pickles.  I really don't like sweet pickles with fish. Honestly to me since dill compliments fish, it makes sense to me to use dill pickles instead.  If you want a slight variation, try zesty or spicy dill pickles in place of the regular ones.


In the hands of an able cook, fish can become an inexhaustible source of perpetual delight.
-- Jean-Anthelme Brillant-Savarian

Comments

Popular Posts