Orchid Exhibit Part 1


Saturday was so beautiful, it was sunny and in the low 60s.  We decided to check out the orchid exhibit at Longwood Gardens.  Between our two cameras we took over 200 pictures, so I think I'm going to do a 3 part blog on the different pictures.  I'll do one on fountains and different areas of the conservatory, one on close-ups of the orchids and the last on close-ups of other flowers there.



The outside of the conservatory.


We entered through the east end of the conservatory. If you enter from there you are greeted with the most beautiful view.  Directly ahead there is a fountain/vase.  They change the flowers out with every exhibit.



Different views of the main fountain.




This is actually one of the bathroom areas.  I love the living walls and the small pool at the end of the hall.








Will definitely took the best pictures with his camera.  Mine needed a little bit of correction from photoshop to help balance out the light and color.  The pictures with his camera are uncorrected in any way.








I absolutely love the planters and hanging baskets throughout the conservatory.






Daisey's are my favorite flower and I really love this purple variety.






All the walls of The Orchid House were lined with different varieties of orchids.


I love the Mediterranean garden below.



This is their prehistoric plant room in The Palm House.


This room is the estate's Fruit House and looked to be filled with nectarine trees trained in the Espalier design.


Below the snap dragons were huge in the growing house.  Well it was over my head anyways, lol.


The Cascade Garden below was the warmest of the greenhouses with temperatures in the high 80s.


With all of the waterfalls the humidity was at 98%.




I thought the way this moss draped across the entrance of The Tropical Terrace was beautiful.


There were tons of bananas in The Banana House.




I was amazed how large some of the cactus are in The Silver Garden.




Into the Orangery.


Onto one of my favorite gardens, The Children's Garden and this beautiful little maze.



What I thought was wonderful was that this fountain shot a burst of water up to ring the bell above.









I would love to have a stair railing like this.







Thank you for looking at my pictures!  I hope you enjoyed them!



When you increase the number of gardens, you increase the number of heavens too!
-- Mehmet Murat ildan

Comments

Popular Posts