Sour Cream & Onion Dip

 I was making some Ranch Dressing earlier to use as a dip.  I decided what I really wanted was some sour cream and onion dip.  I checked out a few recipes online but just couldn't find one that sounded right.




Sour Cream & Onion Dip

1/2 Sweet Onion
2 tbsp Bacon Drippings or Butter
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp Pink Salt
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp Celery Seed
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper

I was cooking bacon for my Irish Nachos, I decided to go ahead and cook my onions in the drippings for this dip.   Honestly I think it worked out better than butter.  Either melt your butter or use your bacon dripping.  


Cook the onions over med-low heat for 20-30 minutes.  They will have a wonderful caramel jammy look to them.  Allow them to cool to room temperature.  Mix with the sour cream and spices and enjoy!


The Super Bowl is Americana at it's most kitsch and fun.
-- Sting

Comments

Popular Posts