The Great Convergence, by Joseph R. Lallo


This book picks up immediately where the first book left off.  As you remember we left Myranda leaving the cave from Entwell in search of the other chosen.  In this book you learn more background about the chosen through Myranda's search for them.  Learning that even if they die they can be reborn up until The Great Convergence.  Is Myranda one of the chosen?  Or just a wizard with the ability to find them?  Will she even live long enough to connect the 5 together?

I had some issues with this book.  First the pace is frenzied and exhausting at times.  It seems the whole book is just one battle after another without any distinguishing events making one appear different from the last.  Also some of the new characters introduced are either really bitchy or really annoying.  Lastly I never do spoilers on books unless they piss me off.  You don't kill off the two best characters in your book half way through the book.  I almost stopped reading it after the second character died.  Yes, you find out towards the end of the book that the second character isn't dead.  I'm really not sure about this trilogy anymore.  

I will read the next book to find out how they bring the war to an end.  I just hope the pace isn't as manic as the second book.  Now without my favorite character in the book, I hope the two annoying characters don't ruin the rest of the series.

The Book of Deacon(The Book of Deacon #1)
The Battle of Verril(The Book of Deacon #3)



When you find your path, you must not be afraid.  You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes.  Disappointment, defeat, and despair are tools God uses to show us the way.
-- Paulo Coelho

Comments

Popular Posts