Lorehnin, by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson


Since I finished reading Ghalien, I've been waiting for this book to come out for further stories about the otherworld.  Who better to start a new series with then with Robin Dunbarre, one of Meghan's best friend  from The Otherworld Series.  It honestly broke my heart when Robin couldn't follow Meghan to Eile.  She was so caught up in her Wiccan beliefs, she's probably the only friend of Meghan to fully enjoy the otherworld.  But I also loved her as a character as well and didn't want to lose her.  I squealed with delight when I heard this book was coming out.  

Is reading The Otherworld Series mandatory for reading this book?  No, Jenna Elizabeth Johnson gives enough background that I believe you could just jump into this book without reading the previous books.  For those that have read the other books, this story gives more information about the Lorehnin, the half Faelorehn half Humans that we briefly encountered from Ghalien.  Also if you wanted to know more about Devlin O'Brolaigh this book will be a treat for you.

The book starts off with Robin in her second year of college, working at a coffee/tea shop called Green Leaf Tea.  She has a plan to get a business degree and eventually end up managing the coffee shop she is working at.  Until she's attacked by a local demonic cult of the Morrigan and saved by the gorgeous Devlin O'Brolaigh.  In this book she will have to decide what is important to her.  Even though she knows she is human, can she help stop this cult before they wreck havoc in both worlds?

From The Otherworld Series I had known that Robin was adopted, but it really saddened me to see how her adopted family had mistreated her.  In a way the attack on her was a little bit of a blessing because it brought Devlin into her life when she really needed an extra friend.  I thought the only thing that was a little bit obvious from the book is who one of her parents might be. If you have read books from The Otherworld series, but it doesn't destroy the story knowing this.  

As for Devlin O'Brolaigh, you learn so much about him in this book it hard not to like him as much as Cade from The Otherworld series.  I knew he was incredibly brave and that he loved his brother dearly.  But I didn't know he looked like a Norse God!  *fans herself*  After reading this book and learning more about his compassionate nature as well, it's really hard not to fall in love with him by the end of the book.

The Otherworld Series is probably my favorite book series currently and I can't wait to see what else is in store for Robin Dunbarre.

The Otherworld Series
#1  Faelorehn
#1.5  Ehriad
#2  Dolmarehn
#3  Luathara
#4  Ghalien


Chivalry:  It's the little boy that kisses my hand, the young man that holds the door open for me, and the old man that tips his hat to me.  None of it is a reflection of me, but a reflection of them.
-- Donna Lynn Hope

Comments

Popular Posts