Citrus Escape Cocktail

I've been under a little bit of stress lately.  Found out recently that my mom had a retirement account where I was named as the sole beneficiary of it.  The next day the phone rings with a certain family member thinking they are entitled to a part of it.  At first I was upset since I was going to add this money to my son's college education account.  But now that they want to sue me for it, I'm not sure that I care anymore.  Just sad to throw away a relationship over something like this.  *shakes head*

I decided I needed a cocktail tonight.  I really wanted a Dorchester, but I know better than to go to a bar around here and ask for one.  I still haven't found a bar that can make a proper Midori Sour and that's a really simple drink.  But I looked in my liquor cabinet and I'm completely out of Forbidden Fruit liqueur.  *pouts*  So I rummaged through my liquor cabinet and my fridge and was determined to make something...I found a bunch of ingredients that I think would be good together and punched them into my mixology app on my phone and according to it I made.....Drink Not Found... *giggles*  That almost became the name of the cocktail.  But I decided it needed a better name.  So until I can think of a better name here's the recipe for my Citrus Escape Cocktail.


Citrus Escape Cocktail

1.5 oz Gin
1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
.5 oz Pomegranate Liqueur
.5 oz Fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice
.5 oz Simple Syrup

Pour all the ingredients into a shaker and fill with ice.  Shake and strain into a large martini glass.


I feel wonderful and sad.  It's the gin.
-- Stephen Beresford

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts