Banana Vanilla Rum Pound Cake

This is a favorite with my family and definitely a crowd pleaser.  Those of you that have been following me, know I have a weird thing about baking something when it's snowing or raining.  For some reason it helps calm me down.  Well we are suppose to be in the middle of another storm.  So far we've only received two inches of snow.  I'm crossing my fingers this is it.  I'm a little tired of the snow.

Also this is one of my favorite things to do with really ripe bananas.  I know a lot of people make banana bread.  For some reason I can't stand it.  *shrugs*



Banana Vanilla Rum Pound Cake

Butter & Panko Bread Crumbs, for buttering and dusting a 12 inch Bundt Cake Pan
3/4 cup Butter, softened
2 cups Raw Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs
3 cups of Unbleached Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Pink Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Mace or Nutmeg
1 cup of Mashed Bananas
1/2 cup Whole Milk
1/2 cup Vanilla Rum(I use Whalers)
Powdered Sugar for Dusting.

Preheat oven to 325.  Butter and Dust Bundt Pan and set aside.  


In your mixer cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.  With the speed set to low add the vanilla and the eggs, one egg at a time.  Set aside.  In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and mace, set aside.  


In a small bowl combine the bananas, milk and rum.  


Turn your mix back on to low and gradually add the flour mixture, alternating it with the banana mixture.  


Spoon into the prepared bundt pan, place it on top of a baking sheet and bake for about 80 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.  


Cool in pan for 10 minutes.    


Carefully remove from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.


Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.  Top with more sugar just before serving.




Cake is happiness!  If you know the way of the cake, you know the way of happiness!  If you have cake in front of you, you should not look any further for joy!
-- C. JoyBell C.

Comments

Popular Posts