Treason, by S.M. Boyce


I loved the first book of this series, but second book surpassed it by far.  You'll learn more about our favorite characters.  Learn some dark things about each of the bloods.  At one point I was wondering who is worse the four bloods that have banded together or Carden?  Also something that bothered me from the first book, is the Vagabond really suppose to be alone in life?  There is so much more romance in this book, it makes you pray that even if it's short lived she chooses to ignore the first Vagabond mandate and have a love life of her own.  Lastly there was a teaser in the first book.  Just before Kara's father died what secret did the box from their rental house hold?  Is Kara really pure at heart?  I never saw this secret coming, though I suspected something was different about her.  Once I learned this secret I couldn't put the book down till I saw how those around her would react.

The book starts off with Kara and Braeden training in the Vagabond's village.  She's become stronger, learned more magic and I think gained some confidence that she was lacking from the last book.  Even with everything that has been done to her by the Bloods, she still wants to help them overthrow Carden.  They are planning on attending the upcoming Gala.  But what happens once they get there and throughout the rest of the book, really showed their compassion for others.  Some may say they had to be treacherous at times to achieve their goals.  I think in the long run, everything will work out.  I can't wait to see if in book three they can bring Carden down and how their romance plays out.

I loved Braeden Drakonin in the first book.  When you see the lengths he's willing to go through to save Kara, Gavin and the other Bloods that hate him, you see how he really is a true hero.  I learned so much more about him in this book, I couldn't believe how much more I liked his character.  Even though he's Stelian and is suppose to be evil I would root for him every time.

Book #1 The Lichgates
Book #3 Heritage


The last act is the greatest treason.  To do the right deed for the wrong reason.
-- T. S. Elliot

Comments

Popular Posts