Vegetarian Meatloaf

I know, I know, it sounds scary.  I found it's best to look at vegetarian food is as it's own thing.  Don't expect this to taste exactly the same.  Otherwise whatever you try, you WILL be disappointed.  

Unlike most vegetarian food, I promise this doesn't resemble or taste like cardboard and it doesn't have tofu in it, lol.  But whenever you really really want meatloaf and you're either:   

A.  Snowed in(I keep some vegetarian food in my pantry for this reason, because I find canned meat scary, fresh meat just doesn't last at room temperature for several months and my freezer is overflowing with vegetables I froze last fall).  

B.  You are abducted by the rare vegetarian Aliens...You laugh now, but you won't be laughing when it happens...or 

C.  You have a child that is trying out being a vegetarian or an alien *shrugs* and you want to be supportive.


Vegetarian Meatloaf

1 Small Onion, roughly chopped
I Stalk Celery, roughly chopped greens and all
1 tbsp Mushroom Sauce(You can find this at an Asian grocery stores)
1/2 tsp Season Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning(there are vegetarian versions out there)
1 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
3/4 cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1/2 cup Whole Milk
1 Egg
1 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Olive Oil for greasing loaf pan.
Ketchup


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan.  In your food processor add the onion, celery, mushroom sauce, season salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.  Turn onto low speed until till the vegetables are finely minced.  Add the burger and pulse till combined.


Next add the Worcestershire sauce, oatmeal, and milk.  Over low speed mix till combined.  Add the egg and mix over low speed again to combine.

  
Carefully remove the blade and stir in 3/4 cups of the cheese.  Spoon the mixture into your greased loaf pan.


Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.


Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.


Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.


Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.  Drizzle some Ketchup over the top.





My love is meatloaf flavored.  I just wish my meatloaf was also meatloaf flavored.
-- Dora J. Arod

Comments

Popular Posts