Busy Week + Free PJ Pattern

It has been a busy month.  This week has been oddly busy as well.  I thought I would be able to catch up on chores around the house with Jaiden off taking his PSSAs, but I forgot I would be taking over his chores as well.  Since when he gets home he has to catch-up on his school work missed during the day.

Last weekend we went and saw Divergent, and absolutely loved it.  Planning as soon as I finish the current book series I am reading, to buy that book series as well.  After the movie we finally tried Machismo Burrito Bar.  I would describe it as the Subway of burrito places.  You basically build your burrito however you want it.



I decided to get a burrito with a habanero tortilla, black beans, saffron rice, grilled chicken, olives, lettuce, cheese, hot salsa, and guacamole.  Took two meals to eat it, but worth every penny for it.  We also got chocolate chip cookies.  They are the chewy sugar cookie like chocolate chip cookies.  Perfect ending to the meal.




With all the snow gone, we've been going on longer hikes as well.  I was amazed how much damage occurred in the park with the ice storm we had.  It's really sad to see all the downed trees.

Monday I had to go with Jaiden downtown and fill out all the paperwork so he can self-transport himself to and from the testing site.  So glad he finally knows his way around downtown that he doesn't get lost without me there.  We found a Taco Bell actually underneath the testing site which made Jaiden happy.  Unfortunately I ate at the Taco Bell and have been sick for 3 days.  Jaiden, like I think most teenage boys are immune to anything they eat.  After this experience I plan on sticking to Machismo's from now on.

Yesterday was Will and I's 17th Wedding Anniversary.  We finally went and tried an Italian restaurant everyone in our area has been raving about, DiMeo's.  For those that haven't heard about it it's a local Neapolitan style Pizza chain specializing in brick oven pizzas with authentic ingredients.  While we were there we actually saw the Fedex guy drop off their cheese, that had just come in from Italy.  I know some may think why not a nicer restaurant for your anniversary.  Will and I always go out to an Italian restaurant for our anniversary, since after our wedding all of our family and friends went out to a local Italian restaurant for the reception.  Honestly we like to keep it simple, helps remind us where we started out in life.


Watching our pizza cook.

We ordered Bruschetta, Quattro Formaggio Pizza, and Tiramisu.  The Bruschetta was really good, the Pizza and Tiramisu was the best we've had in a really long time.  Brought some extra pizza home and even Jaiden agreed it was the best he's even had as well.  So we will definitely be back.

As for today just reprinted the PJ pattern I used to make Jaiden's PJs for Christmas, so I can start making PJs for Will and I.  You can find the free pattern here:  http://www.simplicity.com/t-sewing-101-part4.aspx


Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
-- Marthe Troly-Curtin

Comments

Popular Posts