Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo

So Will's finally over his cold.  To celebrate that he's feeling better, I decided to do a spin on his favorite dish, Fettuccine Alfredo.  I've been seeing different recipes pinned on pinterest, but they always include things like creamed cheese or goat's cheese.  Some other ingredient I wouldn't normally add to my alfredo.  So I decided to make my alfredo recipe and add roasted peppers to it.




Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo

  1/2 cup Butter
2 cups Half and Half
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground White Pepper
2 Roasted Red Peppers
1 16oz pk of Fettuccine
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese + more for garnishing
1/2 lb of Grilled Chicken

Melt butter over med heat.  Add half and half, garlic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and roasted peppers.  Simmer for approx 12 minutes.    



At the same time, bring 4 to 6 qts of water to a boil and add pasta.  I cook mine for about 12 minutes or about 6 if it's fresh.  When in doubt follow the instructions on the package.


When the sauce has reached your desired consistency blend with stick blender till smooth.


Add cheese and stir till melted and combined.  Add chicken.  Drain pasta.


I went ahead and combined the pasta with the sauce.  If your wanting to impress you can serve the pasta on plates and serve the sauce of ther the top.  Grate more parmesan cheese on top before serving.


  
Life is not worth living if I can not have pasta or bread again.
-- Monica Seles

Comments

Popular Posts