Favorite Game Day Food

So being from Seattle I had to root for my home team yesterday.  Nothing goes better with football then Beer, Wings and Nachos.  So going to give two of my favorite recipes.

Buffalo Wings

I buy a large package of wings at BJ's from their meat department and trim them up myself since it's cheaper then buying the wings trimmed from the butcher.  I would never ever buy those frozen "buffalo wings"  that you heat and serve.  There is so much salt and preservatives it's ridiculous.

5 Chicken Wings
2 1/2 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
1 stalk of Celery, cut up into matchsticks
Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing

First off grab a wing and find your joints.  Take your knife and run it through the joint between the two bones.


I remove the wing tip first.


I save them in a bag to make chicken stock later.


Now slice through the second joint.


Now you have your two different wing pieces.  Place them on a foil lined baking sheet.  Bake for 500 degrees for 10 minutes.


After 10 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes.


When the timer goes off carefully remove them to a medium size bowl.  


Meanwhile melt the butter over medium heat, stir in the hot sauce and immediately pour over the wings.


Add the Celery and Blue Cheese Dressing and Serve.  This recipe makes 10 mini wings pieces.  You can easily double or triple this recipe.  I keep this recipe small because I make this when we have pizza a lot as well.



With the two completely unhealthy snacks I serve some oranges slices with this as well.



Irish Nachos

8 oz. of Season Fries, cooked according to the instructions on the bag.
3 Strips of Bacon, cooked till crispy
1/2 cup Olives, sliced
1 Green Onion, Sliced
1 cup of Dubliner Cheese, Shredded
Sour Cream

Place half of the fries on a place.


Add half of the bacon, olives, green onions and cheese.


Add the rest of the fries on top.  Layer the rest of the ingredients on top.  If you need to microwave it for about 30 seconds to make sure the cheese is melted.  Serve with a side of sour cream and enjoy!


As I bring the snacks to everyone...my dog starts to loose her mind.... 



Some people think that football is a matter of life and death.  I assure you, it's much more serious then that.
-- Bill Shankly

Comments

Popular Posts