DIY Bath Salts

Will and I went a little crazy during Christmas on presents.  So we decided to do things kind of simple for Valentine's day.  I use to buy him this really woodsy smelling bath salts from Bath & Body Works but they discontinued the scent a few years ago.  So I decided to make him some customized bath salts.


DIY Bath Salts

1 cup Epsom Salt
1/2 cup of Course Sea Salt
1 Quart Freezer Bag
Essential Oils
1 Jar
Ribbon

I found this large frosted glass jar at IKEA for $10.  I make the bath salts in small batches to make sure the oils are evenly distributed.  To fill this large jar I made 8 batches.

  
Place both salts in the freezer bag.  Add 5 to 10 drops of the essential oils onto the salt and shake to distribute.  Repeat process until desired scent is acheived.  Different oils can take different amounts.  Usually about 10-20 drops.


Carefully pour salts in to Jar.


Add the lid and bow and that's it!

Don't be afraid to mix and match scents.  The one I make for Will is a mix of 5 drops of Cedar oil, 5 drops of Sage Oil, 5 drops of Ginger Oil, 2 drops of Geranium Oil, and 2 drops of Tea Tree Oil.

Looking for ideas for Valentine's Day Check out: 10 Romantic Ideas On A Budget


Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath, and a glass of wine.
-- Thomas Aquinas
   

Comments

Popular Posts