Walking In A Winter Wonderland...

So with the way the media has been talking about the storm, my husband and I decided to go for a walk and see how bad it really was.  This was one of the first walks I've been on in a long time without my dog, but she hates leaving the house when the temperature is below freezing.


 There's a frozen pond by our apartment complex.


My husband and I heading down to Wissahickon Park.



Over the river and through the woods....


Not sure if you can see the hawk in the tree there.


I love the snow covered rocks in the Wissahickon Creek.  They look almost like little icebergs.


There were tons of people cross country skiing in the park.


You can see it was a little windy by the way the water was rippling.  News was saying that with the windchill it felt like -14.  But it didn't feel that cold at all...



I decided walking through the snow is hard work.



These icicles are massive.



We had to get a few icicles close up.




I love the way that tree truck curves around.


I wonder if the guards that use to sit in that house use to be warm in the winter?


We really wanted to walk down to the covered bridge, but walking in the snow took longer then we thought it would, so we turned back at the stone bridge.  First public drinking fountain in Philly below, though it's blocked off now.  I think it kind of looks like a tomb, lol.



We were amazed by this dog running through the park.  Found out from his owner, the man cross country skiing behind him, that they just moved here from upstate New York and are liking the warmer milder weather, lol.


Will striking a pose.


Love this house hidden in the trees below.



"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating.  There is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
-- John Ruskin

Comments

Popular Posts