Supplements for ADD/ADHD, Autism & Depression



*Update*  Focus was just released today.

My good friend Andrea and I recently read the book Focus by John Gray(We got an early copy but it's suppose to be out Spring of 2014).  Yes the guy that wrote the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus.  This book is about a healthy diet and supplements that help, ADD/ADHD, Autism, Depression, Bi-polar and lots of other problems.  No this isn't a cure, it's a plan to give you energy and help you to be able to focus more, hence the title of the book.

What drew us to this book is that both of our kids have ADD/ADHD and we didn't like the negative side effects from prescription medications.  I knew they only worked short term anyway.  Schools forcing parents to keep their kids on them long term I think should be held accountable for the violence they bring out in kids. After reading the book I decided this is also really beneficial for us parents as well.

It looks like all the money I've wasted on therapy over the years where they have told me I'm Bi Polar.  No that's not it you have Depression, even had one tell me I was high functioning Autistic.  Really I don't think they knew what was wrong with me, but I bet my son got his ADHD from me.  Really would make more sense then having other problems.  Specially sense I don't really notice mood swings and don't think I'm depressed anymore then anyone else.  I may be an introvert but I'm not Autistic.  Rather I think they threw at me whatever diagnosis was popular at the time.

So if there is a book that explains all of this, why am I writing a blog about this.  Well I have a hard time paying for all the supplements through the www.marsvenus.com website.  Buying them for three people every month I'd probably have to take out a second mortgage. So this is my list of what I have taken or take every month linked to where I buy it.

Morning Supplements

Core Nutritionals Core Pro - Vanilla Cream Started with the first one.  Currently trying 1/2 dose of Slim Styles Meal Supplement With PGX Vanilla now though cause it has PGX in it and I don't have to take a separate supplement, I use this is this recipe.
Slim Styles PGX Not currently taking this because of the Meal Supplement above, but use to take this along with the Core Pro.
Now Foods Sodium Ascrobate also used in this recipe.
Chia Seeds I buy in bulk at Whole Foods.
Qunol Ultra CoQ10 (My Husband and I use this but I don't give this to my son)
21st Century Grape Seed Extract
Naturemade Super B-Complex
Amazing Herbs Black Seed I noticed they just doubled the price on this so trying this one Swanson EFAs Black Cumin Seed Oil
Doctor's Best Lithium Orotate
Swanson's MSM
Swanson's Full Spectrum Ginkgo Leaf

Evening Supplements

Swanson's Higher Potency D-3  I always get sleepy after taking this.  Kind of like laying out in the sun for hours.
Lil Critters Gummy Vites I know my son is 14 but he still gets this.  I think with all the other pills he can be allowed one that he prefers.
Nature Way Alive!  Once Daily Women's Multivitamin This is what I take.
GNC Mega Men Performance & Vitality Pack  My husband takes this.

After Exercising Supplements

If I'm hiking through the woods near my house on off gym days I stick to Emergen-c, Mineral Water and Kind Plus Granola bars

Weight Lifting at the gym though and I need Dymatize Elite Recoup usually make chia seed coconut water energy drink before I go, click here for recipe.

Sometimes my Iron Gets really low even taking green smoothies everyday so I take Swanson's Blackstrap Molasses with Iron.




"When your lost in the woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost.  For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you've just wandered off the path, that you'll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now.  Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and it's time to admit that you've bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don't even know from which direction the sun rises anymore."
--Elizabeth Gilbert

Comments

  1. Perfect. Now I wont stress when I cant remember what to get where! LOL thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome! Yes, now you have answers even at 3 am, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is beautifully written, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts