Homemade Chicken Broth

I showed in Favorite Game Day Food how I save the chicken wing tips for making stock.  I decided that today was a good day to use up all the ends.



Chicken Broth

1lb of Chicken
5 cups Water
1 stalk Celery, sliced
1 Carrots, sliced
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped

Add all of the wing tips to the pot.




Next I added all the rest of the ingredients.  Bring this to a boil.  Reduced heat to low.  Cover and cook for 45 minutes.



Put a colander over a bowl.  Pour the broth into the colander.


I discard the chicken and save the vegetables as a treat for my dog.  Remove the colander and there's the chicken broth.  If you want to make more broth, you can easily double or even triple this recipe.



My soups that use Chicken Broth:


When you have a good stock, you can make a good soup.
-- Martin Yan

Comments

Popular Posts