Tomato Rice Soup

This has to be one of the easiest soups to make.  If you don't like rice in your tomato soup just omit it.  I start adding it as a way to extend the tomato soup recipe to hungry teenagers.  Sometimes my house is filled with them, lol.  I make this really close to the Campbell's recipe.  Though I omit the sugar that Campbell puts in there their soup.


Tomato Rice Soup

6 oz can Tomato Paste
1 cup + 2 tbsp Water
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Cooked White Rice

In a medium pot, over medium-low heat, whisk the tomato paste and 1 cup of water together.


In a small bowl whisk the 2 tbsp water and cornstarch together.


Whisk the cornstarch into the tomato mixture.


Add the chicken broth, parsley, salt and garlic powder.


Add the cooked rice, stir together and bring to a boil.  


Immediately turn the heat off and serve.


Nothing goes better with Tomato Soup, then Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.


When trying to find the words to tell her how much I loved her, I stumbled across the ingredients for grilled cheese sandwiches.  That's when I realized she was the melted cheese to my toast.  And the guy that she's currently seeing, the guy she left me for, well, I guess he's the tomato soup.
-- Jarod Kitnz

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts