New Job


Today I had an interview with the Career Development Coordinator for the local Century 21 offices.  She helped me get into real estate classes today rather than waiting for Summer quarter to start at one of the local colleges.  What I like about their course, is that it is a work at your own pace, as well as being online.  

So far I'm already 1/5 of the way done with the first course of my four courses to take.  I figure at this rate it shouldn't take too long.  She also told me she would help me with whatever is needed along the way.  That I already had a job waiting for me when I was done.  I love that I will be able to set my own hours/days.  Because so many people do so much online research, I wouldn't be expected to sit in the office, rather just sign up for oncall days.  I also found out that I can make plenty of supplement income off of managing rentals while waiting for that first house to sell.

I also got some pointers on networking.  I learned that four hours a day of networking usually helps with getting a steady stream of houses sold.  One of the main ways I will start my networking is actually volunteering with the charities more often that I've already been helping out and getting more involved in my different social clubs.  I also learned that I can get referral bonuses for referring people in other states, so using social media to spread the word will definitely be helpful.

I was a little nervous because of my Step-dad's experience with the real estate industry.  But after getting more facts it really doesn't seem that bad anymore.  I will keep everyone posted.


"I don't like the rain forest."  Ragnor said sadly.  "That's because you are not open to the new experiences in the same way that I am!"  "No, it is because it is wetter than a boar's armpit and twice as smelly in here."  Magnus pushed a dripping frond out of his eyes.  "I admit you make an excellent point and also paint a vivid picture with your words."
-- Cassandra Clare

Comments

Popular Posts