Escape to Longwood Gardens

I've been making really good progress on my class, I'm now over halfway done.  I think Will must have thought I could use a break.  Sunday we headed over to Longwood Gardens to see the new spring flowers.  This is my favorite type of columbine.


One of the things I love about the gardens, is that it changes with the seasons.  Or as each perennial, or annual comes into bloom.  It seems like something is always in bloom.

They have some of the most beautiful Tulips I have ever seen!


As well as other flowers.

The main area of the conservatory changes as well.  The last time we were there was during the orchid exhibit.  Now the orchids have been replaced with hydrangeas, pansies, daisies, and different types of lilies.


I love the mix of the blue hydrangeas and the yellow calla lilies.


We left the conservatory to head over to the formal fountain garden.


And onto the Carillon.


The carillon's bells chime every 15 minutes.  Sometimes to sound the hour otherwise to play short tunes.  Overall it was a very relaxing day and a much needed break from school.



It is Spring again.  The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.
-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Comments

Popular Posts