Potato Salad

With my school it seems like every day just flies by.  I woke up this morning and realized memorial day is this weekend!  I'm excited to see the memorial day parade this year.  Also for us it's the first bbqs of the year.  I rarely make my own burgers since I discovered the burgers at Whole Foods, that they make in their meat department.  So I bought a package of our favorite a jalapeno cheddar.  But it seems like there is some unspoken rule that you can't have a bbq without potato salad.  So this is Will's grandmother's recipe that is mandatory at family gatherings, lol.


Potato Salad

3/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp Dill Relish
1/2 tbsp Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp Pink Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
3 medium Russet Potatoes, boiled and cooled
2 Eggs, hard boiled and chopped
1 large stalk of Celery, chopped
1/2 cup Olives(Kosher), sliced
Paprika(optional)

I know you looking at this recipe and saying there aren't any onions!  That's because Will and his dad hate them, lol.  So if you love onions in your potato salad add a small onion that has been chopped to this recipe.  I start by getting a medium bowl and adding the first 5 ingredients to the it.  This way your sauce is completely blended before adding the the rest of your ingredients.


Next step add the last 4 ingredients and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to make sure it's really cold before serving.  Sprinkle paprika over the top for a little extra color if you desire.  That's it!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


Other recipes that are perfect for a bbq:

Vegetable Tray with Ranch Dressing


The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.
-- Benjamin Disraeli

Comments

Popular Posts