Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos

I had been meaning to post this recipe sooner but have been on a roll with my school lately.  We have also made a tons of progress on the desk as well.  We finally finished staining the main body of the desk and are going to try and finish up the drawers tomorrow.  I'm hoping I can show it off to my new friends at Restore on Friday.  And my family can stop complaining out how my make-up takes over the bathroom.  >.<



Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos

1 Precooked Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast, shredded(recipe follows)
24 Corn Tortillas
1 cup shredded cabbage
Handful of Cilantro, chopped
1 Radish, thinly sliced
1 lime, cut into small wedges
Your Favorite Hot Sauce
Olive Oil for frying

Lightly oil a medium frying pan and fry each tortilla over medium heat for about 30 sec on each side.  You may have to replace the oil after each tortilla.


Once you have two tortillas fried, stack them on top of each other and place a couple of tablespoons of the shredded chicken on top.


Take a pinch of the cilantro and sprinkle it over the top.  Add a handful of cabbage.  Add a slice of two of radish to the top.  That's it!  They are easy enough after a while you'll catch yourself making them in your sleep...Or maybe that's just me... >.>


For me these taste just like the tacos from my favorite taco truck, I just wish Philly had tacos like these!


Cilantro Lime Chicken

1 Large Chicken Breast
2 tbsp of Cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
Juice of Half a Small Lime
1/8 tsp Pink Salt
A Pinch of Black Pepper

Get a pint sized freezer bag and place all of the ingredients in the bag and let marinate for at least 2 hours before cooking.


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  While that is heating up make a aluminium foil pocket for the chicken to steam in, in the oven.  I did the same thing for my Asian Styled Steamed Fish.  Pour the chicken along with all the juices into the pocket.  Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes.  Sometimes I just stop here and enjoy the cilantro lime chicken as it is with some spanish rice or I shred the chicken up and use it in salads.


"Well," said Claire, "at least we have tacos.  Everything goes better with tacos."
-- Rachel Caine

Comments

Popular Posts