Happy Cinco de Mayo!

My family loves Mexican food.  I'll admit it we eat enough of it usually I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo unless we are going out to eat.  This year I decided to be a little different.  Here's my menu I planned:

Menu

Guacamole & Corn Chips
Lime Margaritas
Mexican Brownies




Guacamole

1 Large Avocado
2 tbsp Sour Cream
1 tbsp Fresh Salsa
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 tsp Cholula Hot Sauce
Juice of half a Lime
Salt to taste

Cut the Avocado in half and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl.


Smash up the avocados until smooth.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.




Mexican Brownies

They are basically my basic Brownie Recipe with 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon and 3/8 tsp of Cayenne Powder.  Still bake them the same way.  They are the perfect complement to this meal.


If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J.R.R. Tolkien

Comments

Popular Posts