Cream of Potato Soup with Bacon

I finally finished my classes last week and ended up with an overall gpa of 3.5.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the state testing site, so I can take the last tests and receive my license.  Unfortunately I ended up with food poisoning from somewhere I ate towards the end of last week.  I've been moping around my room waiting for my stomach to return to normal.  Today was the first time I have had the energy to cook.  I decided that Cream of Potato soup just sounded comforting.


Cream of Potato Soup with Bacon

1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Strips of Bacon
1 Onion, chopped
2 Green Onions, sliced
2 cups Potatoes, peeled & chopped
2 cups Chicken Broth
1/2 tsp Celery Seed
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
2/3 cup Half & Half



In a large pot over medium heat add the olive oil and bacon and cook until crispy.  


Remove the bacon and let it drain on a paper towel.  Add the onions to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes.


Add the green onions, potatoes, chicken broth, celery seed and nutmeg and bring to a boil.


Turn the heat down to low, cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes.  When it is done, add the half and half and blend with a stick blender.  That's it!



I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy.  Other food rots.  Potatoes want to see.
-- Bill Callahan


Comments

Popular Posts