Liebster Award, Plus Spoilers About Me!

So I have a little bit of good news.  First, I received my real estate license number yesterday, so I'm officially licensed to sell real estate in PA.  If anyone wants to see me in action, I'll be working out of the Century 21 office in Manayunk.  :D  I'm seriously thinking about starting another blog about the real estate that I will be involved with.

Second, my dear friend Cindy from Musings & Migraines nominated me for the Liebster Award.  Thank you so much!!!  I will have to admit that I have not heard about this award until now(I did a bit of googling).  For a full explanation of the award please check out the blog Wording Well, Lorraine thoroughly explains it.


The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:

1.  Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.

2.  Display the award on your blog-by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a "widget" or a "gadget".(Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)

3.  Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.

4.  Provide 11 random facts about yourself.

5.  Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.(Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)

6.  Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.

7.  List these rules in your post(You can copy and paste from here.)  Once you have written and published it, then have to:

8.  Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it(they might not have ever heard of it!)


Cindy's questions for me:

1.  Why did you start blogging?  I wanted to save family recipes and pictures for my son.  I've tried scrapbooking, I will admit that I love the end result, but I currently just don't have the room for the supplies.  Besides I've found keeping a journal of some sort is a huge stress reliever for myself.  My life has really changed in the past 5 years.  So I feel that I wanted to document the changes.

2.  Who is a hero in your life?  I suppose I could pick someone I would like to aspire to be like.  But I believe a hero is someone that has impacted your daily life.  Even if it sounds a little cliche, my greatest hero is my husband.  

A lot of people don't know that I was in foster care when I was barely 17.  I moved there when the group home was about to be shut down.  We were all given two choices, find someone over 18 to be your guardian or move into a shelter until another home could be found.  Unfortunately a home probably wouldn't have been found before I became an adult.  At the time Will was a struggling college student.  He didn't care that he could barely afford his own needs, he couldn't stand the idea that the state was about to throw me out on the street.  He signed all of the paperwork to become my legal guardian.  Took over responsibilities of signing school field trip forms and making my lunches.  Since that day he's always been there when I needed him.  I feel that no one could influence my life more than he can.
 
3.  Cat or Dog?  I have both.  But if I had to choose, it would probably be a dog.  Don't get me wrong I love sitting with my cat brooding in silence or planning the next world domination scheme.  My beagle Lox, runs and greet me when I get home and lets me know that I'm the most important person in her life.  It doesn't matter what we do together she always acts like it the best thing that has ever happened to her.


    
4.  What is your favorite quote and by whom?  I have a lot of quotes I love but the first thing that comes to mind is this:


Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is not.

-- Oscar Wilde


5.  What is your favorite post that you've written?   10 Romantic Ideas On A Budget  I've been married for 17 years, I had fun sharing my ideas on how I've kept my relationship healthy.  

6.  Where do you see yourself in 50 years?  If I'm still alive, probably retired along the ocean somewhere, hopefully still enjoying my sailboat.

7.  If you could do anything, what would it be?  I love to travel, even though I hate moving, lol.  I would love to either take one of those sailboat cruises or do one of the river cruises through Europe.

8.  What makes you smile?  There are lots of things, I could probably write a whole blog on this.  :P  Hanging out with friends, getting a hug or even a smile from a child, breakfast in bed, pets and laser pointers, a good book, spa days, dancing to my favorite music, being lazy in the park, exploring or trying new things, making new friends and committing random acts of kindness.

9.  What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?  I would say look at the last question.  But if I had to pick one it would probably be reading.

10.  What is a great memory from your past?  I probably take after my grandmother more than anyone else.  One of my favorite memories she owned a lot of wigs and stage make-up.  Sometimes when I went to stay at her house, we would dress up in disguises and wander through town seeing if anyone we knew recognized us.  Either no one wanted to admit to knowing us or we were really awesome with our disguises, lol.

11.  What one piece of advice would you like to share?  Do what makes you happy(within reason).  I spent years doing what everyone wanted me to do.  I become a nurse's aid to take care of my parents.  Managed Will's business.  Other than my small shop that I have on Esty, I feel that my current career change is the first job I've picked for myself.


Now for 11 random facts about me:

1.  My eyes are turquoise.  It always irritates me at the DMV they want me to pick green or blue.  So I guess for the DMV they are blue.  :P

2.  I've been to 40 of the 50 States and four countries outside of the US.

3.  I didn't learn to drive till I was 30.  I only learned at the time because I needed to get my mom to her doctor appointments.

4.  My hair is naturally auburn.  Not the current copper color, lol.

5.  My middle name is Elizabeth.

6.  Elephants are my favorite animal next to my pets.

7.  I've went by a few nicknames and sometimes when I'm tired my real name doesn't register as my own.

8.  I hate black jelly beans but I love real licorice *shrugs*.

9.  I have three half sisters, one niece, one nephew and one great nephew.

10.  I absolutely love rain.

11.  I went through a phase where I couldn't wear colors.  I was in denial and Will would point this out to me.  Where I would respond that I had almond, beige, tan, white, ecru, cream, sand, taupe, buff, ivory, etc. in my wardrobe...



I have a bit of a problem, I don't want to break the chain here, but most of the blogs I follow already have  this award or they have over 1,000 subscribers.  So if you're reading this and would like to be nominated.  Send me a link to your blog so I can check it out.  I will contact you with your list of questions if you are chosen.




 At the end of the day, the questions we ask ourselves determine the type of people we will become.
-- Leo Babauta


Comments

Popular Posts