Summer Meet Up - Philadelphia Zoo


On Thursday, Jaiden and I went to the meetup for PAVA at the Philadelphia Zoo.  We were able to meet other parents and kids.  Answer questions about k12 since Jaiden will be starting his 7th year with the school in September.


We started the day with a balloon ride.  The views of the area were amazing.  I highly recommend going on a balloon ride before they retire the balloon in the fall.



I had to crouch down and take pictures through a small opening in the door to avoid all of the nets that obscured the view.



After the ride we decided to check out a couple of the animals that we have missed the last few times we were there.


This tortoise reminds me of the one I had when I lived in Florida.  She's too cute!


This beautiful python, was the reptile of the day.  Though the poor thing really didn't want anything to do with all of the gawking humans.  So this was the best shot I could get before it hid under that rock. 


We spent a bit of time watching the flamingos.


I've always thought it was interesting how they sleep.




I had to keep an eye on my nemesis.  Laugh all you want but none of the other birds have an electric fence surrounding them.  When the park closes they put up signs telling everyone that the penguins have been secured for the night...


We all had lunch near this fountain by the front gate.


Onto the small animal house.


The animals always look at Jaiden, lol.


This little guy could move like lightening.


The little guy below, has a huge mouth, it was actually a little scary.


Afterwards we decided to have some dippin dots near the tiger crossing.


We both decided to try new flavors to us.  So Jaiden had one of my favorites Birthday Cake.  I had one of his favorites Cotton Candy.

 

We finished the day on Jaiden's favorite thing, the swans.



Some people talk to animals.  Not many listen though.  That's the problem.
-- A. A. Milne


Comments

Popular Posts