Put The Lime In The Coconut

This is the view from our Patio


So as I sit on my patio enjoying my view and drinking a smoothie called Put The Lime In The Coconut.  I found it extremely ironic that the song Put the Lime In The Coconut should start playing on my outdoor speakers.  I'm not sure how it ended up in my playlist.  I think it's a sign to show off this wonderful smoothie recipe.

Our Local Community Center

Why am I drinking this?...Well I am not really use to eating all of the rich processed foods eaten at our community picnic that we went to yesterday to celebrate the fourth of July.  I woke up with one of the worse belly aches I have ever had.  I think there is something to old wive's tales.  This one being, drinking coconut water(juice from a young coconut) with lime juice helps upset bowels.  I know from experience it usually works better on me than Pepto Bismol.  It helps a lot with dehydration and replacing electrolytes.

This recipe is loosely based on a recipe that came with my new Ninja Blender with the same name.  I really didn't care for it, but liked the idea of it.  Maybe it's that I'm not a huge fan of lettuce in my smoothies and I didn't have enough room in my diet fat wise today for the avocado it originally called for that I replaced with a banana.  It didn't originally have the kiwi but I think it adds something.  I used Passion Fruit Coconut water, because I'm not a huge fan of the flavor of regular coconut water, this helps mask the weird flavor for me. So this is my new and improved tastier version.

So cue the music and let's begin.



Put The Lime In The Coconut

1/2 chopped Spinach
1/2 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 Kiwi, peeled and sliced
1/2 Lime, juiced
2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Raw Coconut Oil
1/2 Banana
1 1/4 Cup Passion Fruit Coconut Water
1 Cup Ice



Place all of the above ingredients into your blender in the order listed if you have one of the Ninja blenders or a Magic bullet or anything of that style.  With a traditional blender start with the ingredients on the bottom of the list and work up.  It will actually help them to blend easier and save the life of your blender.  Blend for about a minute or until it is smooth, this may vary with different blenders.





So now I just need to drink this and wait.

Calories:  318
Fat:  9.9g
Sodium:  97mg
Potassium:  1106.4mg
Carbs:  58.9g
Sugar: 36.7g
Protein:  3.4g
Vitamin A:  31.4%
Vitamin C:  146.3%
Calcium:  9.1%
Iron:  8%
I couldn't resist one more song.



Have a wonderful day!  Try to stay hydrated this summer!


Detox Plan
Lemonade Cleanse
Diet Plan


In the garden of gentle sanity, May you be bombarded with the coconuts of wakefulness.
- Chogyam Trungpa

Comments

Popular Posts