Making Baking Powder

So I started making a banana vanilla rum pound cake before I checked to see if I had all of the ingredients.  Of course most of my baking happens when I can't sleep late at night.  I combined all of the wet ingredients and started to combine all of the dry...Then it hit me what I forgot to buy when I was at the store last...baking powder.  Of course every grocery store near me is closed.  I could have got in my car and drove to Walmart(30 minutes away)...But that's just too much torture.  So I flipped through my recipe splattered cookbooks for some of my handwritten recipes praying I had a solution.  That's when it hit me baking powder is really easy to make, I'll just make my own.


Baking Powder

3 tbsp Cream of Tartar
1 tbsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Cornstarch

Add of of the ingredients back into the can.  Place the lid on, shake really well and presto!  You have Baking powder again.



Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, about playing a poor hand well.
-- Jack London

Comments

Popular Posts