Philadelphia Art Museum, Part 2

I just got back from my vacation traveling around the state.  I still haven't went through all the pictures yet so I'm hoping to play catch up and post more pictures from free international museum day.

The second area we went to after we saw The Treasures of Korea Exhibit was the impressionist wing of the museum.  I only took pictures of my favorites that day.  There were far too many paintings to take pictures of all of them.  Unfortunately I don't remember all of the names of the paintings and I just can't read the inscriptions.




This one I know, lol.  It's Green Park, London by Claude Monet.


Poplars, by Claude Monet.


Rain, by Vincent van Gogh.


Il Saltimbanco(street artist), by Antonio Mancini.


Pont Neuf, Paris, Afternoon Sunshine by Camille Pissarro.


Family Group Reading by Mary Cassatt.


The Large Bathers by Pierre-Auguste Renoir.


Mermaid by Edvard Munch.


Nymph and Satyr by Arnold Bocklin.


Liverpool from Wapping by John Atkinson Grimshaw.


Christ Performing Miracles, by Lucien Simon.


A Reading From Homer by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema.


Faust and Marguerite by Hendrik Jan August Leys.


The Return of the Flock, Laren, Holland by Anton Mauve.


Everything here was made by french artist during the 19th century.

I will work on getting the rest of my museum pictures up since I might be going back next week for more pictures.



Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
-- Leonardo da Vinci


Comments

Popular Posts