Strawberry Champagne Soup


This is one of my go to soups in the Summer.  It's cool and refreshing on hot days and leaves you feeling completely spoiled.

Strawberry Champagne Soup

Ingredients:

3 Cups Strawberries, quartered
1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
2/3 Cup Half & Half
Zest from one Lemon
3/4 Cup Champagne(you can substitute lemon/lime soda)

I can't stress the importance enough of finding good strawberries for this soup.  Try to find small fully ripe strawberries, they will have the best flavor.  I divided the first four ingredients in half and blended them in my Ninja Blender.  I then placed the ingredients in a soup terrine and placed it in the fridge until I was ready to serve it.  Right before  serving add the Champagne.

Makes Four Servings.

Calories:  117
Fat:  4g
Cholesterol:  20mg
Sodium:  20.2mg
Potassium:  23.2mg
Carbs:  12.2g
Protein:  1.4g
Vitamin A:  2.7%
Vitamin C:  15.8%
Calcium:  5.6%

Meal Pairing Ideas

I used Barefoot Bubbly's Pink Moscato Champagne for this recipe.  Some might turn their noses up at this wine.  But it's sweet, smells like strawberries and seems to complement the soup well.  I might use a nicer Champagne if it was a special occasion.  I thought this was great for a regular Tuesday night.

I then sliced up this Gouda and served it with stone ground whole wheat crackers, fig jam and some premium mixed nuts.  Of course you have to finish off the bottle of Champagne!



Enjoy!

More Summer Recipes:
Guacamole
Put The Lime In The Coconut
Key Lime Pie Martini
Watermelon Mint Frozen Yogurt
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Cucumber Avocado Soup



There comes a time in every women's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of Champagne.
- Bette Davis

Comments

Popular Posts