Routines


Chicken Taco Platter

We have the best Taco Truck down the street from where I live.  They make these mini taco platters that I absolutely adore.  I had to take a picture.  First I wanted to show yes being on a diet means you can eat delicious food.  Second I have found taking a picture of my food when I am eating something I didn't personally cook, helps me to not go crazy. Yes my husband technically took this picture, but his looked better than mine, since mine had a taco missing before I thought about it....

I promised you a routine.  I have been trying to figure out how to word this for some time.  I was going to break it down into if diet was more important than exercise or vise versa.  But if you want to loose weight you can't really do one without the other.

First you have to be a planner.  I am NOT a planner.  So I have alarms on my phone, they start with, it's time to plan....then, really it's time to plan....followed by, get up and plan....lastly, please be planning....Usually I am planning before the last alarm goes off.  With some time I have noticed the chore becomes more of a routine and I can shut them off for good...or I am hoping to shut them off for good.  One day....one day....

I think it's easier to do exercise and you will feel like you have to change your diet.  Trust me, having margaritas before the gym never seems like a good idea ever again....Ever!  Where do you start?  If you don't have an app to do your planning with.  Go to google calendar, figure out what you want to do everyday, plan it and set up alerts.  For me, having a dog is having the perfect exercise partner.  If I don't walk her at certain times of the day, without fail she will find my most expensive shoes and leave a present in them.  Best motivation to walk ever(glares at dog)!



My exercise routine looks like this.

Monday

  • Walk for 16 minutes first thing in the morning
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Lunch
  • Gym 12 minutes Infrared Treatment
  • Gym 24 minutes of Core Exercises
  • Gym 24 minutes of Leg Exercises
  • Gym 10 minutes of Stretching
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Dinner
Tuesday

  • Walk for 16 minutes first thing in the morning
  • Yoga for 20 minutes after Breakfast
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Lunch
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Dinner
  • Walk for 16 minutes in the evening
  • Swim for 15 minutes

Wednesday

  • Walk for 16 minutes first thing in the morning
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Lunch
  • Gym 12 minutes Infrared Treatment
  • Gym 24 minutes of Core Exercises
  • Gym 24 minutes of Arm & Shoulder Exercises
  • Gym 10 minutes of Stretching
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Dinner
Thursday
  • Walk for 16 minutes first thing in the morning
  • Yoga for 20 minutes after Breakfast
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Lunch
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Dinner
  • Walk for 16 minutes in the evening
  • Swim for 15 minutes
Friday
  • Walk for 16 minutes first thing in the morning
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Lunch
  • Gym 12 minutes of Infrared Treatment
  • Gym 24 minutes of Core Exercises
  • Gym 24 minutes of Chest & Back Exercises
  • Gym 10 minutes of Stretching
  • Walk for 14 minutes after Dinner
Saturday
  • Walk for 16 minutes first thing in the morning
  • Activity may vary
  • Walk for 16 minutes in the evening
Sunday
  • Walk for 16 minutes first thing in the morning
  • Activity may vary
  • Walk for 16 minutes in the evening

Might seem dangerous to leave Saturday and Sunday so open.  One of the days I may use to prep food for the week and be a little lazy the rest of the day aside from doing all of my usual non gym day walking is spent relaxing.  The other I may go hiking or exploring the area.  This is what we did last Sunday.


The lower parking lot at the Japanese Gardens.  Those buildings are actually part of the old cement factory that use to be there.

One of my favorite views of the garden

Most of the time we just sit and enjoy the view or we may wander around and see what is currently blooming.

We felt very blessed to have seen the baby ducks.


Or sit and have a snack.  OMG!  Cheat foods...

Next we headed downtown to walk around and grab some lunch on the river walk.


Captured a couple beautiful pictures in the less crowded section of the river.



Went up to the street level and walked over to San Fernando Cathedral.


They have these fountains in front of the church to cool your feet.  Yes there are signs that say that is their purpose.


So I had to take advantage of them!


It was 103 degrees, I gave up and just sat down in the cool water.


Ending up at our favorite restaurant Casa Rio for Nachos and Skinny Margaritas.



According to my Samsung Fit 2, we walked just under 7.5 miles downtown.  Add walking the dog and we had about 9 miles total for the day.  I would say build up to something like that.  We have been walking a lot recently.  Most people forget to take advantage of the beauty in their own backyard.  Get out there and really look at what your area has to offer.

I will write another blog with a sample weekly menu in it later.   Most important thing is to start moving.  If these times don't work for you set your own schedule.  Ideally everyone should be exercising at least 30 minutes a day.  Don't be ashamed if that is your level now.  When you can add another five minutes, before you know it walking will be a breeze.  As a disclaimer if you have any health issues please consult your doctor and never do anything to compromise your own health.  My walking schedule is set up the way it is to deal with some issues with my heart.  It may completely change as I can get myself healthier.

Two Week Check in:

Original measurements:

Neck 14"
Chest 33"
Waist 34.5"
Belly Button 38.5"
Glutes 39"
Right Thigh 23"
Right Calf 14.5"
Right Arm 11.5"

Finally lost 5.1 lb, really doesn't seem like much for 4 weeks....but....

Neck 13.25", down another .25"
Chest 32", down another .5"
Waist 33.5",  down another .5"
Belly Button 35.5"
Glutes 38.5"
Right Thigh 21.75"
Right Calf 13.5"
Right Arm 11", down another .25"


New Start
Put The Lime In The Coconut
Detox Plan


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover.
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.


Comments

Popular Posts